Membership - New
BENEFITS OF BECOMING A MEMBER OF SASAE
All members are entitled to the following:
- Receipt of all circulars and notices from SASAE.
- Receipt of access to website and SAJAE online.
- Receipt of a copy of SAJAE when published.
- Receipt of any other publications SASAE may decide to publish from time to time for general distribution among members.
- Preferential treatment at conferences, symposia and other meetings convened by SASAE.
- All members present at SASAE AGM at the time of voting on any SASAE business, with the exception of student, institutional, honorary and life members will have equal rights to vote on such business.
- Publication of articles in SAJAE free of charge.
- Members of the Society undertake to abide by the regulations of SASAE Constitution.
- Associate members enjoy the same voting rights and privileges as members.
- Annual subscription for each financial year (March till end Feb) of R280 as decided by SASAE at an Annual General Meeting are payable within three months of the beginning of the financial year in question.
- Life and honorary members are exempted from paying membership fees.
- Student members must indicate annually, in writing, when paying subscriptions, whether they are still bona fide full time post graduate students and indicate clearly at which institution they are enrolled.
- All members must notify the Secretariat of SASAE without delay of any change of postal address.
- It is the responsibility of the member to notify the Board if he/she (i.e. the member) qualifies for a higher category of membership.
Irrespective of its nature, membership is granted by Board in accordance with the procedures set out hereinafter and is limited to persons who, by virtue of their profession are involved or interested in agricultural extension. The Board has the right to withhold the granting of any form of membership as well as the reasons for so doing.
Membership consists of:
- Life and Honorary
BECOMING A MEMBER OF SASAE
To become a member of SASAE you can apply online by clicking on the button to the right and follow the instructions. When you have submitted the form, a copy of the form will be sent to your email inbox. This will be a printable file that you should sign and then forward to the Secretariat, Email: email@example.com, with all the documents as requested (qualifications, academic record or transcript for qualifications, SAQA certificate for International applicants and CV).
If you do not have the facilities to apply for Membership ONLINE, you can download the application form from the link to the right. Fill in the form and send to the Secretariat via email. You must attach the same documents as for the online application described in bold above.
When we have received all the documents, we will present the application to the Board at their next meeting (Meetings are scheduled every 3 months). When approved the Secretariat will send you a letter and your Certificate of Membership via email within 3 weeks.
PLEASE NOTE WE CANNOT COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION IF WE DO NOT HAVE ALL YOUR DOCUMENTS AND INFORMATION.
New members whose applications are approved by the Board must pay an enrolment fee of R30 and the membership fee of R280 = R310. (Membership status will not go through until payment has been received).
Old members of SASAE are required to pay an annual fee of R280.00.
SASAE Bank details:
Bank: ABSA – CHEQUE ACCOUNT
Branch code: 334 334
EFT Branch Code: 632 005
Account Number: 540 810 257
Reference: New members: Name and surname
Old members: SASAE Membership Number
Proof of payments can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMINATIONS OF MEMBERSHIP
The membership of Members, Associate Members and Institutional Members can be terminated in any one of the following ways:
- Written resignation submitted to the Secretariat, guilty of violating the Constitution of the Society, misconduct not befitting a member of the profession, or behaviour which is deemed contrary to the achievement of the goals of the Society. Such termination of membership will not exempt the person or institution concerned of any outstanding and/or present obligations towards SASAE.
- Membership or members who have been in arrears with payment of their annual subscriptions for THREE years will automatically lapse at the end of the third financial year of SASAE. Such termination of membership will not exempt the person or institution concerned of any outstanding and/or present obligations towards SASAE.
- The membership of any student will automatically lapse at the end of the third financial year of SASAE during which such a person is a member or at the end of the financial year in which such a person ceased to be a full time post graduate student, which ever takes place first. A person whose membership lapses in this way will be notified by SASAE and he /she can then apply for other membership categories.