ANNOUNCEMENT AND FIRST CALL FOR PAPERS 2021
54TH CONFERENCE OF THE SOUTH AFRICAN SOCIETY FOR AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION
FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT AND CALL FOR PAPERS & POSTERS
“FACILITATION FOR DEVELOPMENT IN AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION IN THE NEW ERA (COVID-19 PANDEMIC)” ASHANTI ESTATE, SONSTRAAL ROAD, PAARL, WESTERN CAPE.
11 – 14 OCTOBER.
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE:
The Board of SASAE will be holding the 2020 Annual Conference in Paarl, Western Cape, October 11-14, 2021. The theme of the conference is: “Facilitation for development in Agricultural Extension”
The South African Society for Agricultural Extension is a voluntary professional organisation with the aim to improve the quality of extension to all farmers through its members. The ultimate aim of agricultural extension professionals is to influence development change in the societies where they work. In the agricultural innovation systems (AIS) context, this change will be stimulated by better relationships between actors. It is therefore imperative that you (as an extension professional) endeavour to develop good facilitation skills to increase your effectiveness.
To facilitate this process, contributions relating to any of the following sub-themes are invited:
- The relevance of facilitation for development in the context of agricultural extension
- Facilitating change in individuals, groups and organisations
- Facilitating multi-stakeholder engagements
- Brokering strategic partnerships and networking
CALL FOR PAPER AND POSTER SUBMISSIONS
Individuals and organisations/institutions are hereby invited to prepare proposals of papers or posters on:
(a) Topics related to the central theme of the conference or any of the above related sub- themes.
(b) Any other extension related proposals or submissions that are not directly related to the conference theme but are of potential interest and value to conference participants.
Research and philosophically based papers, as well as papers based on practical experience, will be considered. However, proposals related to the central conference theme will receive
preference. All proposals will be peer reviewed and for this purpose the following is required: (If your proposal does not comply with this, it will not be accepted).
- A summary of a minimum of 200 words, with clear reference to (a) Introduction (b) Purpose of the paper (c) Methods or data sources, (or reasoning used in theoretical/philosophical papers) (d) Results, (e) Conclusions and extension implications.
- Separate title page with name(s) of author(s) and full contact information. E-mail address is especially important.
- Submission by e-mail in Microsoft Word to the e-mail address below.
- An indication whether the proposal is intended as a paper or as a poster presentation
PROPOSALS ARE DUE NO LATER THAN MARCH 31, 2021 and should be sent to
Presenters will be required to register for the conference and to PAY the conference registration fee. If the Registration Fee is not paid, you will not be allowed entrance into the conference to present and the paper will not be published in the proceedings.
The due date for completed papers and posters are 31 May 2021. If we do not receive your final paper by then, you will not be allowed to present at the conference. The paper must be in MS Word format for publication in the proceedings. MS PowerPoint presentation will not be accepted for publication. You may use MS PowerPoint for your presentation at the Conference. Posters can be in MS PowerPoint or MS Word or another appropriate poster format.
The venue for the Conference will be: Ashanti Estate, Sonstraal Road (R101), Paarl, Western Cape, South Africa.
Accommodation for the conference period must be arranged by each delegate themselves at Hotels and Guest Houses in Paarl. Details of Guest Houses and Hotels will be on the SASAE Website late 2021.
The registration at the conference will start on the afternoon of 11 October 2021 and the Conference will start on 12 October at 09:00. It will end with the Gala Dinner on 14 October 2021 and everybody will depart the morning of 15 October 2021.
- SASAE Members Registration Fee R3000.00
- Non-SASAE Members Registration Fee R3500.00
- Day visit – per day (if you attend only one day)R1000.00
The conference registration fee covers:
- Conference proceedings, full conference facilities, all lunches, teas and coffees with pastries or biscuits, an informal braai (barbecue) and a formal dinner.
PLEASE TAKE IMPORTANT NOTE:
- Registrations for the conference will close strictly on the 31st August 2021 – No registration forms will be accepted after this date.
- Payment for the conference needs to be made no later than the 24th September 2021. If payment is not received, you will not be allowed entrance into the conference.
- Orders will no longer be accepted for entrance into the conference, payment has to be paid and received in full by SASAE in order for the delegates to attend. No exceptions will be made.
- Registration forms for each delegate needs to be sent to the Secretariat before the registration closing date. Adjustments on dietary requirements of delegates will not be made if the registrations forms are not received.
SASAE BANKING DETAILS
For registration, use the enclosed form or register using the online form: https://form.myjotform.com/GreenK20/sasae-conference-registration-form-
Please do not mail your payment to us. Deposit/EFT your payment into the SASAE Account
Account no: 540 810 257
Branch code: 334 334
EFT branch code: 632 005
For payments made Outside of South African, the swift code is ABSA JJ ZA.
Reference: Name and Surname or invoice number.
Deposit slips and proof of payments can be sent to the Secretariat at email@example.com
You are only registered when we have received your registration form and proof of payment.
- Deadline for abstracts: 31 March 2021
- Submissions of papers and posters (electronically by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com)
- Notice of acceptance: 31 May 2021
- Registration on or before 31 August 2021.
ENQUIRIES CAN BE DIRECTED TO: