South African Society for
A warm South African
A warm South African
The Board of SASAE will be holding the 2020 Annual Conference in Paarl, Western Cape, October 11-14, 2021. The theme of the conference is: “Facilitation for development in Agricultural Extension”
The South African Society for Agricultural Extension is a voluntary professional organisation with the aim to improve the quality of extension to all farmers through its members. The ultimate aim of agricultural extension professionals is to influence development change in the societies where they work. In the agricultural innovation systems (AIS) context, this change will be stimulated by better relationships between actors. It is therefore imperative that you (as an extension professional) endeavour to develop good facilitation skills to increase your effectiveness.
We are excited to announce the launch of our newly designed website – www.sasae.co.za. The new site features a modern design, improved functionality, and easy access to essential information. Our goal with the new designed website is to create a user-friendly browsing experience for our valued members. We hope you will enjoy our new design that is easy to navigate. Its important for us to make our services easily accessible so please keep a lookout for more exciting features that will be added to the website over the coming months. Some things to look forward to are:
- New members portal where members will be able to access all their SASAE related information regarding their membership status.
- Easily membership applications
We are sure that in the new website you will find all the information that you need. If you have anything you would like to send us about your experience with the website, please send us an email.
- To advance and apply the SCIENCE AND PRACTICE OF AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION within Rural Development as a scientific discipline by stimulating thought, study, research, discussion and the publication and exchange of knowledge both Nationally and Internationally.
- To promote the professionalism, status and dignity of the AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION PROFESSION amongst members, the scientific fraternity, Agricultural Extension Practitioners, the general public and with the studying youth
- To practice the natural-, economic- and managerial sciences responsibly and in PUBLIC INTEREST.
- To act as representative MOUTHPIECE for the extension profession in agriculture.